5 Reasons To Go Backpacking

thanks to karlye for the great article. so ppl, dont ask me why im taking gap year. read the article below. it speaks out my mind completely. terima kasih.

Here are five reason why you should step out of your comfort zone and go traveling:

1. What’s A Year?
One year out of say 40 years of work isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things. You’ll find on your return things will be pretty much the same. I often think that it’d be good to be at home in familiar surroundings but I remind myself that if I was there, I’d be pretty much sick of it after a week.

2. Same Repeated Cycle
Do you feel the need to do something different? Are you sick of the same people doing the same things, going to the same old places day in day out, nothing ever seems to change. Going traveling is a great way to spend your time seeing amazing sights and doing great things that are a far cry from the mundane humdrum life at home.

3. Do It Now, While You Can
While many people of different ages go traveling, many find it more difficult to travel on a budget as they get older. Living in hostels and budget accommodation can become less than appealing when you’re a little older. This isn’t true of everyone but for me I knew that at 26/27 I could still rough it a little. If you are in a position of flexibility you are at a great advantage. Go traveling now before you are engaged, married, have a house and all the other major commitments of life. It is much easier to just get up and go in this situation and it’s often taken for granted when you have it.

4. It’s Not Scary
The fear of the unknown often makes people very scared of travel. In reality once you get to the place you’re scared of everything is fine. For some people it’s difficult to step out of their comfort zone, for others it is much easier. The best way to combat the fear is with action, I recommend booking some flights at the earliest possible moment so that you are committed to going away.

5. Live Life
By going traveling you actually live life and experience some amazing things. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted some stories to tell for when I reach a ripe old age and the only ones I’d have would have been about sitting in front of a computer screen every day. Often the fear of the unknown and stepping out of the comfort zone stops people from ever traveling for the long term.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

大学生了没

black . hole

表面